Fourth and Fifth Day: Continuing Chapter 2 and Networking with the Center for Intercultural Dialogue



Yesterday I have continued to work on chapter 2. It comes to my mind to uses the main points of the history of the German-Iranian relationship more effectively for the final analysis. The book actually departs from the hypothesis that intercultural dialogue has to have a relevant function in the foreign cultural policy of Iran and Germany. That is why cultural activities under discourses of “European-Islamic cultural dialogue” (by the German government), “interfaith dialogue” and “dialogue among civilizations” (by the Iranian government) received support. If it was not useful, it would not have been undertaken. 

Though these cultural activities in their modern form are not implemented suddenly and out of the blue. They have origin in the past. Both countries got to know each other under different circumstances since middle Ages, since time when even they did not have the current political boarders. And then in different political systems and social conditions they continued the relationship. So that is why writing the historic part is necessary. 

Yesterday I also worked on an article which is written by a friend of mine and I, in Farsi. it is about Iranian female Journalists in Iran. It deals with this question that why Iranian journalists have interest in Journalism, increasingly during the time, while journalism is a difficult and bad paid job in Iran. Why? What do motivate them? the research of the article is done but finishing its paper, I mean the cooperation with somebody who lives in Iran, miles away, is really difficult. 

Last night I have searched some websites on intercultural dialogue. I faced a website, belongs to the Center for Intercultural Dialogue. Actually a friend of mine has informed me about such a center before. But I did not manage to learn more about it. However yesterday I spent time to learn about it. It was really interesting website, well structured. I like the diversity of activities of this center. It publishes material on key concepts of intercultural dialogue and has a network of researchers all over the world. It has a link with different websites and weblogs on topic of intercultural dialogue. So I wrote a comment in this part of the website and requested to add this weblog to the list as well. 

Today morning I received an Email, even from the director of the center. She informed me that my weblog is in the list, now. Is that not awesome? She also suggested me to translate some key concepts of intercultural dialogue in Farsi or German. That would be seriously my pleasure to do that. I am so happy. 

Recently I met my publisher in Münster city of Germany and concluded the contract of the book. You can see it in the photo.


Ok that was all for today. See you tomorrow.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The book "Does Intercultural Dialogue matter?" is on his way

Weimar and taking Photo for the book

The First Step- the "Does Intercultural Dialogue matter" is borning