Seventh Day. Resizing chapter 3 – Foreign Cultural Policy of Iran and Germany



Today i stayed at home and work from here. The temperature of the weather was above 32 degree. I actually was satisfied with the progress of my work. I have finished chapter 2 for now and started chapter 3. Resizing chapter 3 is going to be tough. 69 pages have to be shorten to 35 pages. I have also a crisis situation. I decided to move a subchapter of chapter 2 to 3. Thus I have to deal with the argument and analysis of 3 according to the new structure. But actually I am happy now with the chapter 2 and 3. I thought I will work intensively to finish my chapter 2, and then I go to chapter 3. But then I decided to go one time through whole the book and shorten it; and then return to the first point and deeply work on the chapters. 

Chapter 3 goes to foreign cultural policy of Iran and Germany. Who is familiar with this term? Who knows the difference between cultural policy and foreign cultural policy and foreign policy? Well then you should definitely read my book. Foreign cultural policy, known as Auswärtige Kulturpolitik in German language, is a specific policy which a government takes to deal with cultural activities abroad. in German policy it is a pillar of its foreign policy. It is specifically after the WWII very good constructed and planned. In Iran the situation is different. An interesting analysis of my research was that Iranian participants, almost all of them, had no idea what foreign cultural policy is. Looking into materials and documents I realized that it is not conceptualized; it is in a fragmented way structured. Specifically since 1994 there is a duality in deciding relevant policies. 

In the afternoon I accompanied J in an event that he had to give a lecture. It was organized by a local group of the city of Duisburg who are members of a German party. The event was hold outside of a Café, which is located between two railroads. So it was pretty noisy and at some points nobody could hear J (I think even himself). But the weather was sunny and I liked it. This I will miss in few months. I can tolerate some hot days if I see sun.

Today I started to learn, online, some very basic things in French. 

bonne journée

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The book "Does Intercultural Dialogue matter?" is on his way

Weimar and taking Photo for the book

The First Step- the "Does Intercultural Dialogue matter" is borning