21st day: starting chapter 4


I finished chapter 3 and started the next chapter. It is strange. Turning my dissertation to a book is full of surprises to me. For instance I realized that how much nonsense I have written in the thesis! Too long, too details, too blah blah! Is that just me or anybody else has the same experience! I mean why I used so many facts and info for simple points. This chapter, 4, is on actors of intercultural dialogue in Iran and Germany and specific discourses. 



I have specifically worked on “interfaith dialogue” and “dialogue among civilizations” in Iranian side. In Germany the discourse of “European-Islamic cultural dialogue” has been prominent. The chapter besides presenting details on these discourses discusses the actors. For instance DAAD has been one of the German actors. In foreign cultural policy of Germany academic exchanges have attracted a high attention of elites and policy makers. And it has a loooooooooooong history. It goes back to even time before the Weimar Republic in 1920.

Today I worked specifically on interfaith dialogue which has been a main discourse for Iranian foreign cultural policy since early-post Revolution era. Even though foreign cultural policy with a classic form is not characterized in the Iranian foreign policy. 

I have sent off the book review, which I worked on it last week, today morning. I ll share it here the link when it is published.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Third Day: working on the chapter on the history of the German-Iranian Relationship

Weimar and taking Photo for the book

The book "Does Intercultural Dialogue matter?" is on his way